Benefits of Workplace Wellness Yoga with Michelle Chua:
- Michelle is certified in Yoga Psychology 300-hour Yoga Teaching Training, having acquired the skills and resources to facilitate a variety of meditation and mindfulness practices that are backed by neuroscience.
- Michelle offers yoga classes that are accessible to different experience and ability levels, incorporating her background as a former elementary school teacher for over 7 years and her experience facilitating yoga classes for children through seniors in diverse settings since 2010
- Mindfulness practice, meditation and other forms of yoga are known to help manage and reduce stress and promote mental health.
- Boost employee morale through shared experiences of well being.
- Reduce sick days through mind-body wellness and physical postures that strengthen the immune system.
- Set the tone for mindful communication, positive employee interactions and team building.
- Promote emotional intelligence, immune system function, happiness and more. (Read about the scientifically proven benefits of meditation in Psychology Today here.)
Workplace Wellness Yoga Classes Include...
Workplace wellness classes may occur at lunch, before or after work or for special events, such as an employee appreciation day or health fair. Registered Yoga Instructor Michelle Chua guides a yoga and/or meditation session (typically 45-75 minutes) in an open space at your workplace or a nearby park on the grass. Yoga or Movement Meditation can be modified to any physical ability level and intensity, varying from (seated) chair yoga, relaxing deep stretch/restorative yoga, energizing alignment-based Vinyasa flow or a combination--Flow & Restore yoga. Participants learn a variety of yogic breathing techniques to calm the nervous system, energize the mind-body or promote balance and neural integration (harmony of the left and right hemispheres of the brain). Also, they explore a variety of meditation techniques, from insight meditation to different mindfulness meditations--to cultivate equanimity (balance of mind), compassion, emotional intelligence with difficult emotions, focus and clarity and much more. Sessions may also include forest bathing or mindful walking if there is a garden or outdoor nature space nearby to practice in.
Feedback about Our Workplace Yoga Classes...
I take Michelle's yoga classes during my lunch hour and I look forward to it every week. I always feel more centered, calm and ready to take on the rest of the day! She inspires me to take care of my body and make time for myself so that I am much more pleasant to be around.
-Lu Anne T. (Los Angeles, CA)
Michelle takes the time to set a relaxing environment and provides healthy focal points for us to gain awareness of not only our body but our state of mind as well. Her style is classic and original.
-Erika Ascencio (Long Beach, CA)
REviews of Root 2 Rise Yoga with Michelle chua:
Michelle truly lives out what she teaches. She is so much more than a yoga teacher - I learned this when I went on her exquisitely curated trip that she organized to Costa Rica this past June 2018...Hopefully like me, you'll be delighted by her effervescent love of movement, nature, and all people!
Michelle clearly stands out with her beautiful and bright energy. I love how her practice and teaching encompass body, mind and spirit. She not only teaches yoga but lives and exudes it.
Michelle not only teaches 'yoga', she embodies it fully with her heart and soul...
Michelle is by far one of the best instructors I've ever had, period. Patient, clear in her explanations and demos, and so encouraging...
My first yoga class was with Michelle years ago. You can have the best (yoga pose) sequence and not teach from your heart. With Michelle, I also feel her passion when I'm in her class. I can see she loves what she does, and she inspired me to want to teach yoga, too.
Check out our upcoming retreats here!
I'm so grateful to have met Michelle! Her kind energy opened up my interest in pursuing yoga and meditation. She is such an incredibly light and soul. She starts with grounding ourselves through mindfulness and breathing exercise. She brings the most authentic energy to the class by sharing the history and understanding behind poses, names, and techniques. I truly appreciate her work and impact on my well-being!
I’ve had dozens of instructors over the years, but Michelle is far and away the best yoga mentor I’ve ever practiced with. She epitomizes grace during these difficult times. Michelle has saved my sanity and my back while working from home, keeping me grounded with her sharing of yogic teachings and meditation techniques. Her repertoire of physical asanas is encyclopedic, and I’ve loved learning new poses and stretching my boundaries. Jump in, all. You’ve got this!
©2010 Root 2 Rise Yoga